Workshop Information Vienna (April 2017) here
Workshop Application Poland
Where: Olsztyn, Poland, University of Warmia and Mazury (wheelchair accessible)
Local organiser: Faculty of Humanities, Institute of Journalism and Social Communication, University of Warmia and Mazury
When: June 8th 14:30-19:00 and June 9th 9:00-17:30
Topics: Freedom of expression and respect of human rights – where are the boundaries and what is hate speech? (training)
Muslims in the Media – Round table discussion with local and international experts (in cooperation with OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights )
This workshop is part of the project Media against hate: www.mediaagainsthate.org, #MediaAgainstHate
Language: The language of the workshop is English.
Trainers will be announced.
Applications are generally open to community media practitioners, journalists, journalism schools and trainers, civil society organisations. We especially invite women, migrants and refugee journalists/media makers to apply.
Terms and conditions
- A maximum of 25 places are available
- To be eligible, you must be resident in a EU member state, Iceland or Liechtenstein
- You can apply by April 3rd through this online form
- You will be notified by April 18th if your application is accepted
- Participants will receive the detailed agenda and all logistical information
Please do not make any travel arrangements until you are notified about your participation!
- Participation is free of charge
- A prerequisite to participation is the ability to collect local existing good practices and experiences related to hate speech/discrimination and the willingness to multiply/disseminate workshops’ contents and training material through your own network, train-the-trainer activities and media production
- Workshop language is English; if necessary, translation to/from Polish will be provided
- The following will be arranged and covered by the organisers:
- Shuttle bus transfer at set times from Warsaw Modlin and Chopin airports to Olsztyn on June 8th and back on June 10th
- Accommodation for 2 nights (including breakfast) on June 8th and 9th in Olsztyn
- Snacks/Lunch and coffee breaks on June 8th and 9th
- Dinner on June 8th and 9th (excluding beverages)
- The following re-imbursements will be made after the workshop upon submission of all original receipts :
- Travel costs (up to a maximum of 350 Euro for international travel and 200 Euro for national travel)
- Local transport (bus, tram, train, etc.; excluding taxi) up to a maximum of 35 Euro
- Any other or additional expenses incurred will have to be covered by participants or their organisations (including expenses incurred through cancellation)
- Participants are responsible for their travel, accident and medical insurance
- Participants allow the organisers to use photos, audio or films recorded during the workshop for documentation and publicity purposes
The project is financially supported by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme of the European Union, and co-funded by the Broadcasting Board of Governors (U.S.) and the Media & Internet Division of the Council of Europe.
In cooperation with OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights