Community Media Forum Europe (CMFE) looks forward to the third media literacy workshop part of the Media Against Hate campaign. The workshop will take place at Kampnagel Internationale Kulturfabrik, Hamburg, Germany from November 23rd to 25th in conjunction with the Conference on Media and Migration Awareness.
The workshop will address the following topics:
- Empowerment and protection of women journalists and media makers (round table)
- Creating hate-free media environments for young people – platforms and literacy skills (training)
- The role of media in fostering inclusion and combating racial intolerance (conference)
Applications are now closed.
The workshop is the last of a series of three media literacy workshops organised as part of the ‘Media Against Hate Speech’ campaign with the aim of supporting:
– Mutual learning and cooperation activities as instruments for sharing concrete best practices transferable to different legal contexts, that are likely to increase efficient prevention of discrimination/hate speech
– Development of counter-narratives through multilingual programs / campaigns fighting stereotypes and populism, taking creative examples from a local/small scale to a broader context
For more information on the previous workshops, see
The project is financially supported by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme of the European Union, and co-funded by the Broadcasting Board of Governors (U.S.) and the Media & Internet Division of the Council of Europe.